Both the exterior and interior of the main building is impressive. Unfortunately this is where the 5 star rating ends.
• Rude and arrogant receptionist who made us feel that we were intruding. Other hotel reviews on the internet, this has been reported by several other guests.
• We were allocated rooms outside of the man building in the so-called “penthouses”.
• The rooms are separated by dry walling which was not well insulated. This resulted is hearing every movement from neighbours next door, including bowl movements. This resulted in interrupted sleep.
• The bottom floor of the “penthouse” is occupied by permanent loud and noisy tenants. Their smoke travelled into our my room. Smoke travelled all the way up into my rooms. Their dog also barked while we were trying to sleep.
• We experienced an extended power outage. Although the main house was supported by a generator, the “penthouses” were not. Candles were provided, but no matches or lighter. Chargeable torches or at least matches to light candles, I believe should have been a standard in all rooms.
• The booking websites offer free Wi-Fi – it does not state that it is available only in the main building.
The booking websites only show pictures of glamorous rooms. However, looks can be deceiving. The main house might be 5 star but the penthouses definitely not. Above all, sleep quality was impaired due to inadequate room facilities and noisy neighbours.