We traveled to Namchi with high expectations, especially since the hotel is listed as a 5-star hotel here on hotels.com. Unfortunately, these expectations could not be met at all!
I just want to list a few things that were not very great:
- Heating in the room is provided in the form of a stand-alone electric heater
- Windows are not fully closing
- Half the bathroom is under water after showering, due to insufficient shower curtain
- Toilet paper is getting wet during showering, since it is literally mounted inside the shower
- Outdoor pool water was green, not very inviting
- The "gym" is a mess, you don't want to use the equipment in there
- Buffet is good, but certainly not 5-star
- Some of the towels had stains
- WiFi temporarily broke down during our stay, "technical issues with the software"
On the positive side:
- If you don't end up staying during smog season with an air quality index of around 300 and absolutely zero clear views of any of the surrounding mountains, the view is probably great. You supposedly see the third highest mountain in the world, Kangchenjunga.
- Service was very good
- Location is great for sightseeing and hiking trips
- Restaurant and bar prices are reasonable